Since its launch in 2016, ThatsThem has been one of the top free people search engines. It offers a wide variety of common searches allowing you to find people how you know them including by name, address, phone, email and more. To date, ThatsThem continues active development on new features including a social handle search, account features and a criminal background search site. ThatsThem is also building out a developer portal for programmatic, bulk api-access allowing developers to integrate people search functionality directly into their applications. No release date has been announced for this yet.
- Completely. 100%. Free.
- Find people how you know them.
- Provides all data upfront. No paywalls.
- No long searching animations, getinstant access to their data.
- Doesn’t license data in bulk so maintains records that other providers don’t have.
- Varying data coverage across all searches.
- No detailed car history data on VIN search.
- No profile pictures or social profiles.
- Few major UI improvements since its release.
Intelius was founded in 2003 and remains amongst the highest quality background check services. Committed to data privacy, all searches on Intelius are kept private. Intelius has a somewhat dated UI but their data coverage and quality is exceptional.
- Straightforward & step-by-step searches.
- Seven search types leading to comprehensive reports.
- Some of the best criminal background check data.
- Long loading animation with several user questions.
- Premium product, expensive.
- Simple UI, slightly dated.
InstantCheckmate is a premium background check search engine offering some of the highest quality data for the highest price. Search results include social media profiles, photos, relevant dating, contact information and more.
- High-quality data.
- Photos associated with records.
- Extensive knowledge-base.
- Long animation load-times.
- Limited search options.
BeenVerified launched in 2007 and has become one of the fastest growing companies in the people search space. They offer many ways to search including by phone, email, and VIN with very unique data such as car history and property information. They even tell you if you have any unclaimed money due to tax refunds or medical bill rebates.
- Very unique search options.
- Easy to use website with lots of documentation and knowledge-base.
- High quality industry leading data especially for auto history, property details and unclaimed money.
- Long load times.
First people search company founded in1997 with a modern, slick and easy-to-use UI. One of the few search engines that offers a business search. While paid,with several plan formats, access to results are instant. Whitepages also offers a developer API for programmatic access to their data.
- Been around the longest.
- Developer API.
- One of the largest datasets.
- Instant access to records, no long searching animations.
- Offers business search.
- Some data is outdated and historical.
- No email search.
Pioneer in the data industry, an early mover and recognized by several reputable anchors including CNBC, Forbes and The New York Times. Spokeo has very good data coverage and a generous trial price making it one of the cheapest premium people searches.
- Loads of interesting fields including social profiles, family members and historical addresses.
- Highly reputed.
- Several inexpensive searches.
- Easy to cancel or refund.
- 24/7 U.S. Support.
- Slow search animation.
- Very good historical data but not always up-to-date.
Newer and innovative player in the space, Socialcatfish has been around since 2016. They are also the only company with an image search. Socialcatfish focuses on helping you find who is behind the social media mask offering a social username search to help combat catfishes.
- Unique ways to search, very innovative.
- Excellent support.
- Thoughtful search results with profile images and social handles.
- Long animations for full records.
Note that none of these websites are FCRA certified. This means you can't use them for employment for tenant screening purposes.
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic we should cover in our next post, please contact us at email@example.com. Feel free to share this article if you found it helpful!
Back to Posts